[BC] Staffing levels

Mike McCarthy Towers at mre.com
Sun Jan 20 22:10:44 CST 2008

The LA situation was a bit tricky because of ownership issues as I
understand. Scott and I talked frequently about a number of things at the
network and I ended up hiring his assistant when the operation moved to LA.
But at the end prior to the move, the LA operation was more or less
completely handled in Chicago at their TOC as the network scaled back use
of the satellite for the STL's.   BTW...they might be looking for technical
help in LA..  They have a mothballed 32KD with two full Rubicons and RIO's.

They had an interesting approach which never panned out for various
reasons.  I happened to like the national sports approach which was a bit
refreshing compared to the hyper focused talk of the two local sports
talkers (except when the ESPN O&O is on the network).  But like I said, it
just didn't pan out.  FWIW, the local sports talkers aren't doing THAT well
ratings wise either.  Both are 50KW lower band stations with powerhouse
signals.

MM

At 12:48 PM 1/20/2008 -0700, Dana  Puopolo wrote