[BC] TV Weather

Gary Glaenzer gglaenzer at hqradio.com
Mon Jan 21 08:16:59 CST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cowboy" <curt at spam-o-matic.net>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 8:04 AM
Subject: [BC] TV Weather

>  Do viewers other than me, really want to hear/see the worst
>  of the worst possibility that hasn't happened yet, or to
>  know what is ?
>  </rant>

no, but it follows the old adage of 'good news is no news'

in other words, if there's not something happening to stir up the listeners, the effort is
made to sensationalize what IS occurring, to make listeners talk: 'Hey did you hear the
weather chick on W38DD this morning ?  She said the wind-chill tonight will be at 265
below zero !'

sorry if I'm a bit cynical this morning..............