[BC] who listens to talk radio these days?

Bill Sepmeier dcpowerandlight at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 13:33:53 CST 2008

>------ At 01:41 PM 1/21/2008, Donna Halper wrote: -------
>
>>Some of you on this list are PDs or jocks (current and former), so
>>I am trying to find out the demographics of today's talk radio, for
>>the book I am writing.

In Alexis DeToqueville's now 250 year+ old Democracy In America,
there's a story of how he and the grandson of New York's first
colonial governor, a fellow named Charles Ingersoll, were walking
down a street in NYC when a bunch of guys broke out of a union hall
and began demonstrating on the streets.  "How can you permit this?"
DeToqueville asked.  Ingersoll's reply has been one of my favorite
quotes for years, as it really applies to angry talk radio ...   "As
long as a man might speak with liberty," he said, "you can bet he won't act."