[BC] "Mixing Product" for all you smart engineers...

Paul B. Walker, Jr. walkerbroadcasting at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 16:20:16 CST 2008

I was coming back from Greenwood this afternoon about 2:45 PM.

The Single, 1/4 Wave (150 foot) tower for WABV 1590 is about 18 1/2 miles
form the 5/8 Wave tower for WCRS 1450. Both stations are licensed for 1KW,
which WCRS runs but WABV is operating on an STA with lower power.

Approximately halfway between each tower, I heard 1450 WCRS very clearly on
1230Khz... and as far as I know, the person who owns no station on 1230 (He
owns 1390, but that doesnt simulcast however WJES 1200 and WCRS 1450 do,
part time)

The closest broadcast tower was 92.9Mhz about 4 miles away.

What caused this and what exactly was I hearing?

--
Sincerely,
Paul B. Walker, Jr.