[BC] Vonage?

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Fri Jan 25 21:14:31 CST 2008

------ At 08:34 PM 1/25/2008, RichardBJohnson at comcast.net wrote: -------

>Methinks that they DID take care of everything --no phone
>and no DSL. Anybody have a clue? I thought you need
>telephone service for DSL since it uses the same wires.

I have Verizon DSL and Vonage. It works perfectly. Even better than
my old cable modem because its upload speed is faster than the cable
was. I have a dry pair DSL line. There's no dial tone on it. As
usual, it costs me more for less. I pay $5 a month above the usual
DSL rate because there's no phone.

The installation required nothing more than plugging in the DSL modem
and connecting the ethernet line to the Vonage router. I have a
Linksys Vonage router that includes 4 ports and WiFi.

Rich