[BC] Charter "loses" customer's emails

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Sat Jan 26 10:40:15 CST 2008

On Saturday 26 January 2008 07:37 am, Douglas Pritchett wrote:
>  Hope Charter is not your ISP.
>
>  >From the KDSK Channel 5 in St Louis website:
>  "ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Charter Communications officials believe a software
>  error during routine maintenance caused the company to delete the
>  contents of 14,000 customer e-mail accounts."

 Some of you know that I've done data recovery.
 True, in an operation like this, recovering those accounts would
 be outrageously expensive, with a promise of dubious success.

 I've preached for years, decades. MAKE A BACKUP !!
 I'm amazed, and shocked at the number of so-called IT professionals
 who neglect the very basic facts of life.
 That the best laid plans, of mice and men......

 On the other hand, Spam-O-Matic does an 8 day backup as a matter
 of design. Actually, a hold over from development that was supposed
 to go away but never did.
 It's saved my butt once or twice.

--
Cowboy