[BC] Vonage (etc) vs copper dial line

WBRadiolists at aol.com WBRadiolists at aol.com
Sun Jan 27 21:26:00 CST 2008

In a message dated 01/26/2008 8:56:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mrfixit at min.midco.net writes:

> TELCO still supplies DC from the CO to run phone sets, but most
>  people have electronic phones that quit when the AC drops. I keep
>  a couple "old" phones here for just this reason.

This is *exactly* why I will be keeping my copper pair phone line until they
pry it from my cold, dead hands. ;)

Cell phones have proven themselves *useless*, time and again, in widespread
emergencies, while in *most* cases, POTS came through. I also have a "power
failure phone" which is phone-line powered, right by the bed. There is one at
WFIF, also. Anywhere you have an electronic phone system, you should have at
LEAST one POTS phone connected (or readily connectable) to an analog line. A good
quality UPS on the phone system is a good idea, too. :)

Willie...

<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay in
shape.<BR>
http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489</HTML>