[BC] RFI stalls cars near Empire State Building

Glen Kippel glen.kippel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 10:09:31 CST 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 7:50 AM, <RichardBJohnson at comcast.net> wrote:

> Urban legend in the making. Any normal idiot would have taken
> a spectrum analyzer to the site to see what strange signals were
> present (if any) before publishing an article like this. Not so
> nowadays. Soon there will be reports of green slime streaming
> down the sides of the build as the Martians are defecating.

My sentiments also.  They have had transmitters in top of the ESB for years
now -- why is this suddenly an issue?  I could possibly see interference to
remote door locks, however.  I have had some problem with that at our
transmitter site.

As to the B-25 that crashed into the building years ago -- it was travelling
much, much slower and wasn't loaded with Jet-A fuel.  If an 757 crashed into
it now, the results might be different...