[BC] RFI stalls cars near Empire State Building]

R A Meuser rameuser at ieee.org
Mon Jan 28 10:09:24 CST 2008

Bob

If you think about it, there is a reasonable case. With DTV, a lot of
UHF has been added to the building. The vehicular systems are also UHF.
It would not be unreasonable for some intermod to exist. The article
also does not specifically locate where these cars were stranded. I
would bet most in a 3 to 5 block radius and not straight under the
building. I was speaking with someone who is in this industry and who
works frequently at Madison Square Garden. He reports that he can not
open his doors unless he is virtually on top of the vehicle.