[BC] RFI stalls cars near Empire State Building

Kevin Block kblock at cablerocket.com
Mon Jan 28 11:48:22 CST 2008

Something else that may be adding to the mix are all the new
drive-by-wire vehicles hitting the road. The ones I've experienced
(mainly Fords) exhibit a microsecond of delay between the
start/acceleration command and the actual reaction. I'm assuming it's
the CPU deciding what to do which accounts for most of the delay. I'm
also assuming a bit of voltage (RF or otherwise) could confuse things
causing a misfire.

Just my 2 cents...