[BC] RFI stalls cars near Empire State Building

Mike McCarthy Towers at mre.com
Mon Jan 28 12:03:42 CST 2008

Its could also be the hysterisis of the engine as well.  I drive a bunch of
rentals each year and I find some engines are FAR more responsive than
others. Typically, the higher performance engines rev very quickly whereas
others take their time.  Drive by wire response is potentially far quicker
as the electronics can precisely command the fuel flow and timing advance
needed in very short order. I suspect it has more to do with the emissions
control than actual engine hysterisis however.

MM

At 10:48 AM 1/28/2008 -0700, Kevin Block wrote