[BC] Vonage (etc) vs copper dial line

Bruce Potterton bpotterton at ksgn.com
Mon Jan 28 12:54:21 CST 2008

Yeah you got it right.

When they did the install at my house they used the old copper as a pull
line for the fiber.

The fiber goes to their box in your garage and includes a battery
back-up.

Their box has coax, Ethernet and pots outputs.   The internet can go out
via Ethernet or coax.  They often use the coax that is already in your
house to get the internet to the router.. their router has both Ethernet
and coax WAN input.

Bruce Potterton
KSGN