[BC] Vonage (etc) vs copper dial line

WBRadiolists at aol.com WBRadiolists at aol.com
Mon Jan 28 18:37:42 CST 2008

In a message dated 01/27/2008 11:45:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rameuser at ieee.org writes:

> That only works if the phone company retains staff to keep the
>  generators running. That did not happen in the last blackout and some
>  phones in midtown Manhattan did not work up to a week after the power
>  came back. You can no longer trust the phone company.

That's why I will always have multiple gel-cell batteries and various ham
radio sets at my disposal. I also have a 15 watt solar panel stored safely in my
basement. :)

Willie...
N1NKM

<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay in