[BC] FLASH....Next Media Engineer Mike Dinger Shot During Attempted Robbery

Mike McCarthy Towers at mre.com
Tue Jan 29 23:53:36 CST 2008

I heard this evening Mike Dinger, Chief for Next Media's Chicago South
cluster, was shot at close range during an attempted robbery last evening
(1/28) at his apartment parking lot in Joliet, IL. It is my understanding
he was shot in the leg with a shotgun by the robber who was not happy he
could not hijack Mike's car. (The car had it's parking brake on and the
robber could not release it. So he shot Mike instead.)

I don't know his condition other than he is still with us and was to
undergo surgery today (1/29). Beyond that, I know nothing more other than
he's at Silver Cross Hospital in Joliet, IL.

Please add him to your prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

MM