[BC] NIST transmitters

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Wed Jan 30 10:08:53 CST 2008

Two days ago, in answer to somebody writing about new NIST
antennas in Hawaii, I responded with three links to the actual
radio transmitters being used. Since I designed these transmitters
I am certainly proud of the accomplishment, and somewhat
disturbed that the information I presented never appeared
on this list.

Therefore, I am presenting them again.

http://tf.nist.gov/images/radiostations/wwvh-large/wwvh9.jpg
http://tf.nist.gov/images/radiostations/wwvh-large/wwvh10.jpg
http://tf.nist.gov/images/radiostations/wwvh-large/wwvh8.jpg
http://tf.nist.gov/images/radiostations/wwvh-large/wwvh4.jpg

These transmitters have demonstrated in utmost of reliability
in spite of the fact that they have vacuum tubes in the final
amplifier stage and the modulators. They have now run for
almost 30 years.

--
Cheers,
Richard B. Johnson