[BC] WWV

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Wed Jan 30 12:12:39 CST 2008

My first radio station job was at WARE, 1250 kHz, 1/4 the frequency of
5 Mhz WWV. I would zero-beat the crystal oscillator against WWV
once a week when I did transmitter maintenance on Sunday Night.
Little did I know that sometime in the future I would be the designer
of some WWV transmitters! It turns out they are nothing special except
they need broadcast quality on shortwave (so the ticks don't get
screwed up) and a BNC connect to take the input frequency as
1 volt in 50 ohms.

--
Cheers,
Richard B. Johnson

From: RLO2L at aol.com
 > Many years ago when a telephone technician at AT&T in Ft.
Wayne,  Indiana, I
 > ran up a length of frame wire to the microwave tower on the third  floor of
 > the Central Office building to receive the WWV signals to beat
against  some of
 > our microwave generator test equipment.
 >
 > Much to my surprise I was able to receive not only WWV out of Fort
Collins,