[BC] Robust headphones

W2XJ W2XJ at nyc.rr.com
Fri Jan 4 16:53:41 CST 2008

I had a pair of Koss Electrostatic phones and they really DO need a high
powered amp. They work on a completely different principle. They are
also pretty heavy. I prefer the Beyer DT 48. They are a reasonable
weight, very flat response, easy to drive (48 ohms) and a good seal. I
have purchased them for a number of DJs who would rave over the fact
they it was virtually impossible to get feedback when they were turned
up. Those guys are all probably deaf now :-)