[BC] audio cable termination

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jan 5 09:11:28 CST 2008

   Terminating any cable also lowers the overall impedances and reduces the crosstalk
from other nearby circuits and RF in general.
   600 Ohms was also the impedance of the twisted AWG 19 cotton covered twisted pairs
in the original lead covered telephone cables.  I was told it exceeds 900 Ohms by a
Verizon engineer with the current AWG 24 (or smaller) with polyethylene insulation.
--
   Ron

--
    Ron  KA4INM - My wife never had any problem spending money
                  her problem was just with me spending money!