[BC] FM Power Amps

tpt at literock93r.com tpt at literock93r.com
Sun Jan 6 00:18:51 CST 2008

As I started the thread, I would note that we are privately held--and
I hold half of it.  Hence the concern with $$$.  The only Sarb-Ox
problem we have is our accountant, who never could grasp the value of
trade-outs. She can't figure out why, for example, we just don't sell
time to Live Nation instead of trading for tickets. Such as the
Martina McBride tickets we just spiffed an advertiser with. ;-)!  Or
the fruit baskets we handed out to most of our advertisers a few weeks
ago, made up for us by the little down-town market that otherwise
can't afford to advertise.

That being said, I also don't want to have to keep running up to this
site to keep it on the air. It's 90 miles from where I live now, 45
from the house I'm moving to next month.

What prompted the question was the meltdown of the plate loading
capacitor in our present Harris 2.5H3.  Harris wants over $500 for a
replacement; we raided one from our 2.5K backup for the other station
to get back up. For a 34 yr old transmitter (have the original factory
test sheet dated 2-4-1974) our 2.5H3 has been relatively reliable.
Especially since I by-passed the IPA and drove the 5CX1500B directly.

But this transmitter's days are numbered as a primary, hence the question.