[BC] Robust headphones]]

R A Meuser rameuser at ieee.org
Sun Jan 6 11:58:14 CST 2008

Dave

I have been on both sides of this issue. Headphones get turned up
partially due to hearing fatigue. Over time the ears de-sensitize and
the volume tends to increase.. Then there is the 'making love to the
headphone' issue.  I agree with you that the best headphones are no
headphones. I have built or inherited several stations set up that way
and the delivery is always better. It also solves delay and monitor issues.