[BC] Marti HRC-10A replacement

Gary Glaenzer gglaenzer at hqradio.com
Mon Jan 14 14:25:58 CST 2008

Mike;

The REALLY strange thing happened when the tower guy arrived to change the feed horn

He disconnected the 1/2" N-connectored jumper and disassembled the antenna end to make
sure no water had migrated into it

I thought he had everything changed PDQ because both receivers went to full quieting and
then some

I radioed up the tower and he said no, he had the inner conductor of the N connector
exposed and was letting the wind hit it while he changed the horn, to be sure it was dry

This is probably a 13-14 mile path........and the only antenna was the 1-1/2" or so
sticking out of the outer conductor of the jumper