[BC] projected utility bills

Bob Groome bobgroome at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 22:04:49 CST 2008

Try this site:
http://web.mac.com/bobgroome/index.html
Choose HD Costing, top of 1st column.. It has
average power cost per stated as a pull down and
can give a rough estimate for transmitter
operation (both analog and HD) for FM boxes.
Bob
--- RichardBJohnson at comcast.net wrote:

> You look at the transmitter specifications and
> see what
> the manufacturer claims for overall efficiency
> (like 66
> percent). You take your 1 kW power out,
> probably about
> 1.2 kW and divide it by the efficiency as a
> decimal.
> That's the power input, probably about 1,700
> watts.
> That's 1,700 watts every hour.  For a 24-hour
> station,
> you multiply it by the number of hours in a
> 30-day period
> (720). You get 720 * 1,700 =1224 kW hrs.

Bob Groome

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.                       Albert  Einstein

Personal Web site is http://web.mac.com/bobgroome/index.html

Work Email at ERI is bgroome at eriinc.com