[BC] Magic hair...

Jerry Mathis thebeaver32 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 14:42:14 CST 2008

I've done it successfully using a de-soldering iron (an iron with a suction
bulb attached). There's just one potential problem: be SURE the tip is
intact, meaning smooth and flat. The tips on these tend to develop grooves
or channels, and the suction bulb draws air through them instead of through
the hole in the circuit board. Found this out the hard way.

The desoldering iron I use is available from the 'Shack for a reasonable
price. Get some replacement tips while you're there. BTW, the tips can be
filed down once, maybe twice, to fix them before you have to replace them.

Jerry Mathis