[BC] projected utility bills

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jan 17 16:14:42 CST 2008

> My tube transmitter heats the studio pretty well and the building isn't
> 2400 square feet, it's probably 1200 or so.. maybe.... plus 90 percent
> of this building isnt use, except for the studio and an office (yet I
> have 9 rooms in this building).

> The electric bill is higher then I'd like it to be though....

   1,200 square feet is simply an area 30 by 40 feet.
   Old rule of thumb: tube transmitters consumes 4 times the TPO
including lights, attic fan, domestic water pump is any, and a
small air conditioner in a small office.  (and the transmitter)
   Subtract this from the total kWh and the studio consumption
remains.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - My wife never had any problem spending money
                  her problem was just with me spending money!