[BC] Re: Job Opening * Buffalo, NY

k7cr k7cr at blarg.net
Sat Jan 19 14:04:50 CST 2008

Scott Fybush wrote -

> And while it's no Buffalo, I'm very happy living, working and raising a
> family 70 miles to the east in Rochester (where, contrary to popular
> belief, there's currently no snow on the ground.)
>
> No traffic to speak of here, either - and you can still get a nice
> 3-bedroom house on a good-sized piece of land on a tree-lined suburban
> street in an excellent school district for a six-figure sum that starts
> with "1."
>
> Try that in LA, or San Francisco, or Seattle...

Living in the Seattle area, I will second Scott's comment about housing
costs.
The average home in Seattle is about 400,000.

All of this has something to do with the level of activity in the market.
Seattle
and it's surrounding cities are growing at an incredible rate.  Seattle and
Bellevue
are a forest of tower cranes.  Something that you don't see in Rochester or
Buffalo.   WNY is a nice place (been there many times) but their cities
market
rank continues to go down.   On the flip side, they are indeed nice places.
An - no- it does not snow all the time in Buffalo, nor does it rain all the
time in
Seattle.   A serious person will get by the urban legends.

Clay Freinwald