[BC] The Telephone Beeper

Gary Glaenzer glaenzer at verizon.net
Sat Jan 19 11:05:11 CST 2008

just about every telephone directory had this small print in the front:

"recording of telephone conversations without an approved
recorder-connector device is contrary to the company's tarriffs and
is not permitted" of course, 'approved' = 'company-supplied with high
monthly charges'
which led me to inquire of General Tel in 1970 'Since I am putting it
directly on the air and not recording, that doesn't apply, correct?'

I'm still waiting for the answer...............