[BC] Technical Oops!

Alan Alsobrook radiotech at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 21 18:19:13 CST 2008

One such blunder a friend of mine related to me (not one that many
people would probably know about, occurred when he was working with
Bendix Aerospace. Back when satellites were in their infancy, Bendix had
designed and built the latest and greatest, it was launched and deployed
into orbit. During the initial check out, they went to verify the switch
to the backup battery, the command was given, and poof! you now had a
multi million dollar piece of space junk floating. It seems no one
thought to allow the controller to be fail safe powered from any
available source, when it switched to the dead AUX battery the
controller lost power causing an instant death for the whole bird.

--
Alan Alsobrook CSRE AMD CBNT
St. Augustine Fl. 32086 904-829-8885