[BC] EV635

Tom Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 20:50:40 CST 2008

Steve:

:-P :-P :-P

Already DID that...

Favorite mike?  For dependable can't kill it - the 635A.  For best
IN-STUDIO - RCA 77DX or 44B; do NOT take these babies outdoors without
extensive windscreens!  Current or recent builds - RE-10 and RE-20.
There's this cute inexpensive condenser I'm trying out right now that
seems pretty good; GXL - 2400.  Senheiser makes some good music mikes;
then there's a couple from AKG...

<G>

BTW - speaking of expensive... Does anyone have experience with any of
the various ribbon mikes that were "77DX'd" - IIRC, there are several
mikes that have, or can be, rebuilt with 77DX type ribbons..

Tom S. - Not prejudiced, but when I want reliable... back to EV.