[BC] EV635

Glen Kippel glen.kippel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 00:20:20 CST 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 6:50 PM, Tom <Radiofreetom at gmail.com> wrote:

> Favorite mike?  For dependable can't kill it - the 635A.  For best
> IN-STUDIO - RCA 77DX or 44B; do NOT take these babies outdoors without
> extensive windscreens!  Current or recent builds - RE-10 and RE-20.
> There's this cute inexpensive condenser I'm trying out right now that
> seems pretty good; GXL - 2400.  Senheiser makes some good music mikes;
> then there's a couple from AKG...

Yes, the 44BX came with a bag to put on it because if you had one on one of
those big Starbird booms and swang it around fast you could blow the
ribbon.

One of my all-time favorite mics is the AKG D-202-E.  I wish I had one.
Sounds much like an RE-20 with the bass rollof switch on, and pretty much
impervious to proximity effect.  I also used a Bang&Olufsen 50 for awhile,
and it was agreat mic.  The Royer mics look a lot like it.  And the AKG
C-1000S souunds good to me, but needs a pop screen.  (See my article in
Radio Guide for a pic.  Ignore the guy behind the mic!)