[BC] TV Weather

Mike McCarthy Towers at mre.com
Mon Jan 21 21:37:48 CST 2008

You guys seem to forget the winter of 96/97.  Boston was all but shut
down for a week after a storm which dumped 2 ft. along the seacoast
up through Maine and inland to Vermont. A couple weeks later, another
12+ was dumped on the same area.  I was visiting the area at the time
and my then host was out of her mind.  She hadn't been in anything
like it.  Even the blizzard of 79 in Chicago wasn't comparing to this
1-2 punch.  Which I had to half heartedly agree,  It was a mess.

But I do agree, anything which is white gets the tongues a waggin'
here and "Storm" as an adjective appears on everything
promotional.  Especially when Fox turned up the spin to 11 with it's
off the ceiling approach to everything they do....

MM