[BC] RFI stalls cars near Empire State Building

Kevin Tekel amstereoexp at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 18:15:07 CST 2008

The high RF field surrounding the Empire State Building is allegedly
causing many mysterious breakdowns of motor vehicles on the streets below:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/01/27/2008-01-27_empire_state_building_car_zap_mystery.html

or, if that link gets split up, try:

http://tinyurl.com/2pdf6m

I remember staying in a Chicago hotel that was only a few blocks away from
the Sears Tower.  In the hotel room, my Sony SRF-A100 radio was plagued
with intermod on the AM band unless I kept it in narrow bandwidth mode,
and it was even worse on FM unless I kept it in "local" mode (instead of
"DX").