[BC] RFI stalls cars near Empire State Building

Bob Tarsio Bob at Broadcast-Devices.com
Sun Jan 27 21:42:56 CST 2008

There is really not as much RF on the streets around Empire as one might
think. All but one of the broadcast antennas on the building are multi bay
which typically have less downward radiation. The lowest antennas on the
building are on the mooring mast and these are high gain UHF traveling wave
antennas with little downward characteristic.

I find it suspicious that this story surfaced only recently. The antenna
configuration on the building has been fixed for a couple of years now.

Bob Tarsio
President

Broadcast Devices, Inc.
5 Crestview Avenue