[BC] RFI stalls cars near Empire State Building

Bob Tarsio Bob at Broadcast-Devices.com
Mon Jan 28 10:49:32 CST 2008

Robert:

There is no question there are higher than the usually encountered RF levels
around Empire. But we are not talking about volts down on 34th street. There
is no question that there can be RFI around the building but I think it is
curious that it has taken three or four years for someone to figure out that
all these problems are being caused by Empire. The DTV and analog signals
coming from the CBS master antenna and the other stand alone antennas that
Univision, Fox, ION and Telemundo have up there are high gain antennas
directly very little energy albeit as a ratio to what is being directed at
the horizon. If this is a real problem I think the car companies need to
take a look at what they are putting in their vehicles. I don't think this
an exclusively Empire problem.

Bob Tarsio
President

www.Broadcast-Devices.com