[BC] RFI stalls cars near Empire State Building

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Mon Jan 28 10:53:18 CST 2008

------ At 10:50 AM 1/28/2008, RichardBJohnson at comcast.net wrote: -------

>Urban legend in the making. Any normal idiot would have taken
>a spectrum analyzer to the site to see what strange signals were
>present (if any) before publishing an article like this. Not so
>nowadays. Soon there will be reports of green slime streaming
>down the sides

Hmm. You haven't seen it? I used to avoid the building so I wouldn't
have to step in it.

You have to look at the recent history of the New York Daily News. I
used to work for Tribune when the paper was close to its prime. Today
it's barely a pamphlet. The New York Post used to be a sleazy black
and white smudgy rag. It's swapped places with the News and is now a
full color sleazy rag.

The New York Times is still smudgy. Always make sure you get a
plastic bag for the Sunday edition.

Always remember that broadcasting is a newspaper's nemesis. I never
expect a positive story about radio or TV.

I recall WNBC-TV doing a story with Ralph Penza about the dangers of
electronic signals from cell sites and high voltage power lines. I
emailed him asking why he didn't include the high powered TV station
he was using to report the dangers. I should have suggested a story
about the number of 5 megawatt UHF stations around the country. I
never got an answer.

Rich